Longford, St Chad

Longford, St Chad

St Chads church, Longford is a beautiful village church set away from the village in parkland alongside Longford Hall.  The church's Norman origins can be seen in some of the arcading and pillars.  There is also a Norman font.  The church is primarily of 14th and 15th century construction, however.  The church has numerous monuments to members of the Longford family, the Lords of the Manor until the 16th century.  The monuments were cleaned and conserved in 1984 and moved from the south aisle to the north aisle.  The organ, with its curiously oriental looking casework, is a particularly fine instrument by Abbott (1874) in the style of the German organ builder, Schulze.


Interior, St Chad, Longford
Interior, St Chad, Longford

Facilities

Car park
Place for quiet reflection

Features

Stained Glass
Sculpture
Paintings
Architectural Features
Historical Significance

Off Long Lane
Longford
Derbyshire
DE6 3DS

Revd Michael Bishop
01283 585296

Open times:

 

 

BACK TO RESULTS PAGE